Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

5 weeks old

Your baby may gurgle, coo, grunt, and hum to express his feelings. A few babies also begin squealing and laughing. Be sure to coo and gurgle back, and talk to your baby face to face. He'll enjoy holding your gaze now.

If you have things to do, your baby will still enjoy hearing your voice from across the room. And don't feel silly about using baby talk — babies are particularly attuned to this high-pitched, drawn-out way of communicating, which can actually teach your baby about the structure and function of language.

Smiling is universal. A baby's first smile happens at about the same time in all cultures, so get ready for your baby to reward all your loving care with a beaming, toothless, just-for-you grin. This will probably make your heart melt, even if you've just had your worst night yet.

TUMMY TIME


As I post stuff everyday now, I am trying to take advantage of the time that being home with her allows me to do this. Who knows when I go back to work on January 1st, if I will have as much time to update everyday. All I do know is that I want to cherish everyday with her and hopefully in a few months I can look back and see all the progress we have made.

On Monday, she had a rough night and day. I believe it was gas. She brings her legs up to her chest and grunts and sometimes turns red even to get it out. Up and down most of the night and day, she was not sleeping in her three hour blocks like she had been doing. I then realized the only thing that changed in the previous 24 hours was the bottles. We switched from Mike's bottles that he made to my bottles that I made. I thought maybe I didn't make them right and she didn't like them as much? Then I had these Mycalin drops that are suppose to help gas and since she was clearly struggling with the gas and they are completely safe, why not try it. Well, by then at the same time I made the next set of bottles. I am not sure if it was these magic drops or just the new batch of bottles, but she went right back to her normal routine and didn't seem to be in much discomfort. I have read that formula babies do have more reactions like gassiness and that is common. Many people I have talked to swore by these drops. We won't use them all the time, only when she appears to be struggling with the gas.

On a seperate note, her insurance card came today!

No comments:

Post a Comment