Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, February 26, 2011

The King


While in Memphis for work we squeezed in a quick trip to Graceland home of Elvis Presley, the King of Rock and Roll. My friend Kelly got us complimentary tickets. We did the tour in less than an hour. My mom begged for me to go with her years ago. I said no. I am sure if did go with her I would have been there for at least 8 hours. But it took courage for me to go. I have memories of my mom taking us to St. Pete to see Elvis inpersonators and them singing to an audience of 9, three of those people were my mom, brother and me. I probably should see a therapist to help for those memories. My co-worker and I took the, "I have been there" tour, not the "Elvis #1 Fan tour." Elvis bought Graceland for $100,000. I asked one of the workers if you see his ghost since he died upstairs from a drug overdose. They denied it. I also asked if the estate buys the memorial flowers. They said no. Get this-- fan clubs everyday of the week, year round, send flowers, signs and memorials to Graceland. It is insanity.









No comments:

Post a Comment