For me - I don't feel guilt, because I know I am working hard to provide for her and know she is in the best of hands with her dad. When she stays with her grandparents on rare occasion we are both out of town, I know they are able to create a bond between child and grandparent that is so special and that makes me happy. So at the end of the day, I don't feel guilt. I do miss her terribly when I am away for work but know she is in the best care.
However, instead of a "made in china" toy each trip, I have instead decided to buy Maggie a book. I want her to be a GREAT reader and enjoy reading more than I ever did. So each work trip, I will snag a new book for her to enjoy when we are together. I plan to write the trip's name inside the book so I can remember where I was when I missed her that day.
Kimberly Higgins
Chipotle
(C) 813-767-1078
khiggins@chipotle.com

No comments:
Post a Comment