Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Santa 2011


Well, we found him. Finally. It took three different trips and two malls but we found Santa. After two failed attempts at our Brandon mall where the line compared to the line for Space Mountain at Disney World, we finally went back to where we found Santa last year.... Wiregrass. I am not sure why I became so determined to find him. I really want to see her grow in photos with Santa through the years, or maybe I like the thrill of the chase? Whatever the crazy reason, we found him. Let me first tell you about the first two attempts:

Brandon Mall #1: Mike and I went in to shop around on Tuesday afternoon. He was working in the evening so we thought the lines would be slim since it was in the middle of the afternoon-- WRONG. They were a mile deep. We did more shopping and came back later. Still a mile long. Went home.

Brandon Mall #2: I had a plan. I had a strategy. I would get her up, make breafast, get her dressed and be in line 30 minutes before Santa was scheduled to be there to stake my spot. Well, all went as planned but as I was trying to leave the house at 9:30, I couldn't find her shoe... ANYWHERE. I looked for 20 minutes. Finally I called MIke and with in an instant he said, "I think it is in the laundry basket." And sure it was.
SO off we went. At 10 am- Santa start time, I still thought we would have an edge... WRONG. We even got the primo spot in front of Dick's Sporting Goods. Like Spot #1. It was the best spot in the entire mall. I am thinking things are falling into place, minus our missing shoe that was now found. We go in to the mall and the line was just as long as the day before. I wait 15 minutes and it does not move, I gave up. We left.

Wiregrass #3: She woke up from her nap. We had lunch. We went up to Wiregrass thinking that it would just be as bad since Shannon waited 1 hour and 20 minutes the day before. We stumbled up to the line and there were only two people. Not bad. But no Santa. He was on lunch break. Would not be back for 20 minutes. Could I keep her occupied for 20 more minutes. Thank God for Cheerios! We did! She was looking around at all the kids, a few books and then it was our turn. We made it very quick. I told Santa's elf and the photographer that this is not going to be a pretty picture. We are not going to try to get a smile or even for her to calm down. I told them I am going to put her on his lap. You click the camera five times and I picked her back up. It was done. She cried for five seconds and we paid our $21 and off to get yogurt we went.

Success Santa. See ya Next year.

CLICK HERE To see how much Maggie has grown from seeing Santa last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment