Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Pregnant people should not go to the grocery store

Today after sleeping most of the afternoon catching the Rays win, I decided to roll into the grocery store. I mean Old Mother Hubbard has more in her closet than I had in my fridge. I was really hungry for vegetables.

Here is a quick list of the good items I bought:

Green Pepper
Red Pepper
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Watermelon
Wheat Bread

Here is a quick list of the not so good items:

Oreos (reduced fat)
Ice Cream
Popsicles
Kielbasa

So I came home and started chopping vegetables. Made a nice pasta salad and think I will polish it off with some oreos and organic milk.

Another funny story happened at the grocery store. One of the Publix workers who was smaller than average in size, I kept accidentally blocking his reach to the vegetable items. This happened twice. I said I was sorry, twice. Then, he stopped me after I grabbed my organic tomatoes. He says to me, "Why do you buy organic? What is the difference?" I said organic means that they were grown with out chemicals or pesticides. He then said, "Is that how you got so tall?" I said, "No, I just have tall parents." He then said, "If that was your secret, I would have done that a long time ago." He then walked away mumbling to himself.

Anyway, I guess I offended him. Pregnant people should not go to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment