Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.You're halfway there...and at one of the great milestones of pregnancy. Increased blood flow is making the pelvic area extra-sensitive, libido is resurging, and the weight gain has just barely begun He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (The way your baby is measured changes now.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (although some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery). Went to the doctors for my monthly check up and all is well. Blood pressure was 112/60 and I am up five pounds from where I started. She said that all the blood test were complete and they looked perfect. She asked if I felt movement and I said I wasn't sure. This past week in LA, two nights I felt like a swoosh feeling in my tummy but could not tell if that was the baby. She held the doppler up there and we heard the heartbeat and the swoosh of the baby moving all around. She said I will be noticing it more in the coming weeks.
LA trip was great! I had lots of energy and went out with my colleagues like normal, minus the captain and coke of course. It was fun telling some of my LSM friends in other parts of the country that didn't know yet. All were very excited. The flight to LA was forever long... almost 5 hours. I did go pee on the plane which was horrible as expected. I hate that box.We won't know the sex until July 1st. Today we got one of the big things checked off our list of things to do before baby which was Buster getting neutered. What a relief! Next up, I am going to find a painter and landscaper. Stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment