Baby's now the size of a papaya!Baby's settling into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.Real estate within your belly is getting tight, with growing baby leaving little room for your lungs to...well...breathe. Expect the huffing and puffing to start soon. There's not much room for your belly button, either -- it'll pop out any day now. At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
As of late, I think I may have a bladder infection. I called the OB nurse and she said it could be round ligament pain, constipation or an UTI. She said that if I am concerned to just come in for a pee test and they can tell right away. Yesterday I felt lite pain when I sat down as if someone was sitting on my intestines or bladder. Not to concerned, but if it continues I may have it checked out tomorrow, just to be safe.
I am drinking cranberry juice and eating lots of fruit. My two pairs of tall girl shorts still fit but getting tighter by the day. I have a few maternity shorts, but tummy is not big enough yet to take advantage of them.
I feel great otherwise and lots of energy. Mike was on garnet and gold website showing me FSU outfits that he liked and wanted to get the baby. The baseball team lost at the world series last night, so he is kind of bummed about it still today.
Shannon is labor this morning. They broke her water and she has been given pitocin. We should be seeing Zander later today!
No comments:
Post a Comment