Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 17, 2010

21 Weeks


Baby's now the size of a banana!
Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, if baby is a girl, her womb is now stocked up with her lifetime supply of six million eggs (the number will drop to around one million by birth).


We accomplished another big pre-baby house goal: Buster was neutered on Friday! This was a long time coming and it was a very emotional time. I cried all morning when I took him to the vet. He couldn't have any water/food for 12 hours before and that was heartbreaking. He is doing fantastic almost 6 days post-op.

Here are other pre-baby tasks:

1. Paint the exterior of the house.
2. Landscape the front of the house.
3. Get new carpet for upstairs.
4. Paint nursery and buy a trundle/futon
5. Organize our garage and get stuff moved to Chipotle Storage.

We have set aside money for these projects and are very excited to get these moving. Several of them are way over due!

Overall I feel great and energy is still up. I have begun to feel flutters and light bumps and kicks. I feel them after I eat, right before bed and sometimes when I am driving. Nothing to big, just little reminders that something is in there.

We are officially counting down to July 1st when we find out what Baby Higgins is! I don't care either way. I just think I want to know so I can start planning and picking out the items for its arrival. Mike is Captain of "TEAM BOY" but I know he will be just excited either way. By then we will be 23 weeks. Most everyone I have talked to who has kids found out weeks before then.

Mandi/Shannon are busy planning the shower with all our friends on August 28th. Ms. Janke and Donna are planning another for Abbey Drive friends on September 12th. Fun fun! We have some of the best friends and family ever. Baby Higgins is so loved and he/she is not even here yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment