Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Burning a hole in the carpet...

Last night I went to the bathroom four times. Yes, FOUR. We went to bed early around 10:30. The trips were at 11:45, 1:45, 4:40, and 6:30.

We had the carpet estimator come by yesterday and give us a second bid. He was very professional and seemed trustworthy. He brought three samples. You could tell one was a low end, middle and high end version. My eye went straight for the middle of the road one. His bid was $600 cheaper than Lowes. The one I like is the second row, on the left. It is a tad darker than what we have now, but not by much.

It was strange, Mike got a call from Lowes yesterday too, asking us why we have not confirmed the sale yet. Mike told them we got a different bid and said that it was 600 cheaper and all inclusive unlike their sloppy expensive bid that makes you pay for everything individually.
They stammered around the conversation and finally hung up. I told Mike they should give us a $35 on a refund for their crappy estimate.

We also have a house guest this weekend. Buster's buddy Chloe will be here till Monday night. She is so sweet and no trouble at all. I think Buster likes to pal around with her! She is laying right next to me as I type this in the office. Buster is in the hallway. Buster does keep a close eye on her while she is here, but I think he loves having company.

No comments:

Post a Comment