Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Doctor Visit & Registered with Hospital


Today we went for our 28 week Doctors visit. We saw Dr. Roush. My blood pressure was 127/60... great! Baby's Heart beat was in the high 150's-160... great! I have gained 2 pounds to a grand total of 7 since I have become pregnant.

I did my Glucose Test too. People made this out to be some horrible drink and to be honest it was decent. Tasted just like Hawaiian Punch or a purple hooter shot. I toasted the ladies in the lab and said "Salute" and down the hatch it went. We get the test results tomorrow.

I asked the Doc some questions:

* Am I still Ok to fly at 30 weeks? She said yes, you are doing fine.
* Will there be any effect on Baby's hearing from flying? She said absolutely not.
* How do you know if the baby has dropped? She said usually you don't know, there is less pressure up near your rib cage.
* What is the plan if the baby is breech? Scheduled C-Section (I only asked this cause someone I knew who is 9 months was breech)
* What pediatricians do you recommend? Pediatric Health care Alliance and Health Point
* Did my heart tests come back? She said not yet.

She had a few questions for us?
* Have you consider banking cord blood? I said we have read a bit about it but have not made a decisions. She said at some point during one of your pregnancy she said to consider having one done. The two companies that they go with are: CBR or Viacorp.

* Have you signed up for birthing classes? Yes, we go to St. Joe's Classes in September.

* Have you registered at the hospital? No, I we hadn't but I did this afternoon.

So, that brings me to the next mile stone... registering at St. Joseph's Women's Center. I filled out all the necessary info and click submit. It is amazing how automatic everything is online. Beautiful really. So if I go into labor now or before 10/28/2010, they will be ready for us and can just pull us up on the computer.
Everything from insurance to birth certificate info.

No comments:

Post a Comment