We have our first piece of furniture in the room. What a story. We were out shopping today. We went to take a look at glider at Kanes, it was really rocky to swivel. We saw a big plush recliner, but we thought it might be too big. We went to Macy's and didn't see anything we liked.While at Kanes, the sales guy said something that stuck, he said, "The best thing about a recliner is that the ottoman gets tucked away. That way, when you are not using the chair, it does not take up space." Genius. This whole ottoman talk I was never considering the space in the nursery, which is not very big.
So that thought stuck with me. I was on the computer IM-ing Judy and we all of a sudden started talking about rocking chairs. I looked up on craig's list and boom, there was a beautiful solid oak rocking chair. I quickly emailed the contact on the post and it was still available. I called my friend Skyra and she jumped on the adventure of going to pick it up. All this time I thought Mike heard me talking about the chair and I thought he saw it on the computer. Well, I moved so fast and Skyra and I went and picked it up in Clearwater.
We came back to the house, I asked Mike to come out to get it out of the truck and found out Mike hates it. He doesn't think it will be comfortable. I told him we would get cushions, but he still thinks we should get a big, recliner. He never came to look at it on the computer and was under the impression that I was going to get something big like a recliner. Well, I brought home a beautiful oak rocking chair instead.
I told him we'll have to wait and see. I think it is perfect size and will match the dresser and crib.
So for now, we have this beautiful rocking chair for Baby Girl Higgins. Don't know how long it will stay, but for now it is here.
No comments:
Post a Comment