Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, August 30, 2010

OBGYN Apt- Dr. Butler

Today we had our doctor visit with Dr. Butler. It was an early wake up call with the appointment at 7:45 am. My vitals were 234 lbs, which means I have gained 9 pounds so far. My blood pressure was 112/60. Baby Girl Higgins heart beat was in the high 135 range. She mentioned that she thought the baby was head down, but did not say she has dropped which is perfect.

All test came back negative from the blood draws from last time. She said the sonograms from the perinatal specialist said everything looked great for BGH's heart. She did say, which was repeated from several visits before that I would have anti-biotic once I went to deliver.

Dr. Butler was chatty this morning. She mentioned that I was perfect "Baby Delivering" material because I am so tall. She said that I could handle delivering a 10 lb with out any problem. I said, "Doc, let's not shoot for 10 pounds." What she meant is that some women were just built to have lots of babies and delivery is often easier.

Melissa Hillen, who is a taller friend of mine, I would say she is about 5'8 or 5"9, mentioned at the shower that a doctor told her taller women have easier deliveries and she agreed was the case with her two kids.

The doctor said that because I have such a long torso and I would be one of the women who could be pregnant for months and then roll in to the ER with a stomach ache and deliver a baby.

When we got home, Mike was trying out the boppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment