Why does the new year always bring a new diet? A new resolve to lose weight and get in shape. I would argue are we that out of shape? But nonetheless I was handed our family "Bigger Loser" diet. I guess someone thinks I am out of shape. But we start the year drinking more water than sweet tea. More fruit and less chips. A promise to get back to in touch with the gym. That is G-Y-M, as in treadmills and elipitcal machines. The GYM is like an old friend to me. A place that I used to spend up to 6 hours a day at back in college. A place that brought me to tears doing wind sprints and suicides. The gym that we go to we pay way to much and don't go nearly enough. When it was the YMCA, I used to call it our donation to society. But now since it is a flashy overpriced gym,instead of me getting ripped, I call it getting ripped off. There have been months that I have thrown $34.00 down the drain by not going. I wonder if someone gave me a twenty, a ten and four ones if I would be "ok" by throwing it in the trash. I doubt it. You are talking about someone who goes of their way to use a coupon.
So cheers to the new year, a new diet and a new attempt to decrease the pounds shown on my dusty scale. I currently weigh 232. A nice number, but one that in few days will hopefully be a bit lower.
Morning Meal
Egg with Thomas Muffin
7 ounces of Strawberries
Two Glasses of Water
Snack
Banana
Lunch
2 ounces of rice
2 ounces of chicken
2 ounces of black beans
2 ounces of fajitas
Snack
Handful of grapes
Dinner
1 water
1.5 serving of boiled edamame, lite kosher salt
salad-lettuce, raddish, carrot, white onion, cucumber
Chicken Salad sandwhich
No comments:
Post a Comment