Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Police Pulled Me Over

I was cruising my new car to my South Tampa restaurant. I wasn't in a hurry at all. Just taking my time and enjoying my tunes. All of a sudden I see a red and blue lights in my rear view mirror. I pulled over. This time, unlike others, I didn't bust out crying. I wasn't speeding and I don't think I broke any rules like running a stop sign, yellow light, etc.

I quickly reach for my purse and this is the dialog that took place:

Me: "Hi! How are you?"
Officer: Hi, do you have your registration?"
Me: "Yes, I work for Chipotle and this is my new company car." (I show him transfer pending paperwork)
Officer: "Oh.. Ok,that is all I needed to see. Have a great day."
Me: That's All? Well thanks so much!
Officer: "Yep, every so often we run tags and your tag is registered for a Mariner and you were in a Camry."
Me: Well, thanks for checking in case mine ever gets stolen.
Officer: Have a great day. Drive safe.

How pleasant. Why can't all traffic police encounters be like this. No tears, all grown up like. I was kind of surprised at myself.

Went to gym again! Kept looking at time left on treadmill. I now look at the amount of calories burned. I burn about 310 calories in a half hour. Someday soon I am going to have to start going for an hour instead of a half hour. Someday soon.

Breakfast
Cereal
Water

Lunch
Chicken
Rice
Fajitas
Black beans
Mild
Lite Cheese
Lite Sour Cream

Dinner
Chicken Thigh
Orzo Pasta
Corn
Salad

1 comment: