In the last 5 years I have only order a McFlurry at McDonald's. I take that back. A few times I have had a breakfast burrito, only because travel forced me to eat there and I had no other options. But I have not had a Big Mac in very long time.
In my youth, I could eat two big mac meals in one sitting. No joke. I absolutely remember doing this all the time from age 10-16. I also remember going to Checkers a lot as a child. Matter of fact, it was a tradition to grab a checker burger on the way home from Kash N Karry (local grocery store) as a reward for saving $20.00 in coupons. My mother would reward me with food, a .99 checker burger.
But the McDonald's fry is an enemy too. It was truly comfort food. I can remember a lot of times that if I was sad or stressed, I would console myself with food. College and exams, the McDonald's fry was there. To make my PMS feel better, the McDonald's Fry was better than Advil.
Back then, I had no idea what kind of meat I was eating or where it came from. Fast forward 15 years and a movie called FOOD, Inc. Now I know. Knowledge is power.
Today, DH (Darling Husband), due to travel, wanted to go by McDonald's. He ordered a big mac, fry and coke. I had a fruit parfait. It was a struggle. He wouldn't give me a fry even if I would have asked for one. I didn't ask and I didn't have a fry.
Breakfast
Cereal with Strawberries
Snack
Fruit Parfait
water
Lunch
Chicken salad sandwich
Strawberries
1 handful of trail mix, mostly peanuts
water
Dinner
Salad
Cilantro lime rice
Chicken stir fry with red and green peppers, onions
Green Beans
3 ounces of pasta salad
Water
No comments:
Post a Comment