When I left college in 1999, I was at my healthiest weight ever. I can't even believe the number was around 162 pounds. Back then I also went to the gym about six hours a day and can only remember eating pretzels. I would cook my own meals and I never had cash to eat out. Ahh those were the skinny and hungry days. The most amusing fact about those days is that I don't have many photos of me being skinny. I have plenty photos of being overweight. All through college, this skinny body barely turned a head.
Then I move out to the Midwest. In Kansas, tall people were like Goddesses because EVERYONE played basketball. Still half skinny, I wanted to keep this fit and trim so I used to run with and exercise when possible. While in Kansas I had this rigorous schedule of being a nanny, coaching, being a nanny, then going to class at night four nights a week. I even tried to squeeze in a social life here and there.
I remember a time where in one day, I went out till 3 am, came home, slept for 2.5 hours, woke up and went for a 3 mile run up the biggest hill in Kansas. We called MO FO Hill. MO FO is short from some very bad words that I huffed and puffed all the way up the hill. The hill was bad, but I ran in 20 degree weather with a big green jacket. Why do we always want to get fit in January; the coldest time of the year.
Today, I went to the gym again. I went 4 days last week, but one day I did an hour just like I promised to make up for my RC night. Tonight, I went again and did a half hour on the elliptical. It was 32 degrees out when I went to the gym, but it was about 70 degrees once I was inside. Much better than those Kansas cold days. I also wanted to report that I worked out for about 13 minutes strong before I looked down at the time on the treadmill. Consistency is key. Once I get consistency down, I will up the endurance and maybe even try to take on a MO FO Hill once again.
Scale said 231 today. I have lost one pound in seven days.
Breakfast
Cereal & Strawberries
Snack
3 ounces of grilled chicken
Lunch
Cilantro Lime rice
Chicken & Veggie medley
Small Pasta salad
Snack
Grapes
Dinner
Small toasted Cinnamon bread-Turkey (4 ounces)1 slice of cheese, lite mayo
Small salad, tablespoon of chicken salad
Pasta salad 4 ounces
Snack
Strawberries
No comments:
Post a Comment