I have never been to an AA meeting, but know how they start. My name is so and so and I have been sober for x amount of days. That is how I feel in regards to not having any soda, sweat tea or juice. Food and sugar is a mental game. We were in Vero on Saturday at my in-laws and had a beautiful Italian dinner. early that afternoon my FIL (Father-In-Law) and I ran to the grocery to get a few items for dinner. I bought a mini-tiramisu that had a serving size of six. We bought this mini-dessert for our twins niece and nephew to have after dinner and for everyone else to have a sample. I had a mental battle with trying to resist not eating any dessert. I already felt like I violated an invisible rule by having a sliver of baby shower cake earlier in the day.
However, I won the tiramisu battle. Later that night the fridge was calling me. I again resisted and ate an orange.
Food does this to me. Maybe not everyone else, but it plays mind games. Resisting bread, butter, soda, cake, cookies, dessert. One guilty pleasure quickly leads to two. Two guilty pleasures lead to three.
It's a battle and believe that most days, I am barely ahead.
It's been 6 days and I have had only water to drink. I can do this. Water is my friend. But quite frankly, it is tasting bland. I tried adding lemon. That has worked for the past few times, but I really want a cream soda instead.
The battle continues.
Breakfast
Cereal & Strawberries
Snack
Apple
Lunch
Caesar salad
Brushetta
Chicken
Pasta
Small piece of baby shower cake
Water
Dinner
4 Pig in blanket
Salad
spaghetti & 2 meatballs
1/2 piece of 3 cheese bread
Water
Snack
Strawberries
No comments:
Post a Comment