I went to the gym this morning. The last ten minutes were tough. However, I did finish and it felt good. While I am at the gym I am pretty tough cookie. The gym has never been the problem. Getting there has been the most challenging part of working out. I don't have a buddy that goes with me to the gym. I used too. I had an entire basketball team. I had a coach that I reported to and went to the gym for many many years. Now, it's just me and that is tough.
When I used to live and work in downtown Tampa I had a gym buddy. My friend Jenn would drive into work about 45 minutes from her house at 5:30 in the morning. She would call right before she would get to the downtown exit. I would jump out of bed, put my work out clothes on and head to the gym. No questions asked. I went because she was expecting me and counting on me.
For a short time I used to pay a a trainer to work me out a couple times a month. They were more like overpriced babysitters. Seriously, how horrible does it sound that it took me paying someone for me to be accountable. I paid these people to make sure I could show up.
Tomorrow I will go again and not pay anyone. I will try another day to be accountable.
Breakfast
Cereal & Strawberries
Lunch
3 ounces of rice
1 ounce of Carnitas, Steak, Barbacoa, Chicken
2 ounces of black beans
2 ounces of pinto beans
Dinner
Medley- Turkey, chick peas, black beans, onion,
Edamame
5 ounces of pasta salad
No comments:
Post a Comment